[torqueusers] Adding a new PBS node without restarting the server

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jun 23 12:53:53 MDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:45:25PM -0400, Lawrence Sorrillo alleged:
> 5. Add the node to /var/spool/toque/server_priv/nodes and restart the
> pbs_server OR   qmgr -c 'create node node_name np=8' and not restart?

Correct.  Changes in qmgr do not require a restart because you are talking
directly to the server.  If you are editing files, then I would stop pbs_server
before the edits.

> How do I specify a particular queue using qmgr as we have several which
> this server manages.

I don't know what you mean here.  Queues contain jobs, not nodes.

University of Southern California

The pro-disease movement: http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/