[torqueusers] Increasing available slot for a job while running

Charles Vejnar ce at vejnar.eu
Mon Jun 22 11:49:35 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a program which can use multiple cores on the same machine. In our
cluster we have machines with 16 cores. But if I use the "ppn=16" parameter,
my job waits until one machine is entirely free.

I was wondering if there is a possible way to notify a running job when a slot
is free on the same machine (so the program can use it).

Is something like this available in Torque ? Or did someone have a independant
(of Torque) solution ? With another grid engine ?

Regards,
Charles