[torqueusers] simulating pbs/torque

Paul D Marshall Paul.Marshall at Colorado.EDU
Mon Jun 22 09:59:50 MDT 2009

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm working with Torque 2.3.6 and I've been adding and removing machines
from my cluster dynamically (just via the qmgr command and starting or
killing pbs_mom processes on the workers).

I only have so many machines I can actually work with and so I've begun
to look into simulating the pbs_mom process. The problem that I
encountered with this is that there seem to be a variety of reasonably
complicated messages exchanged between the pbs_mom and server. So before
I dug myself too deep, I thought I'd check with others.

Does anyone know of another project or person who has simulated torque
on *some level*?

If not, can anyone provide suggestions as to where might be an
appropriate point to simulate the dispatching, running, and reporting of
jobs on pbs workers?

Thanks,
Paul