[torqueusers] qmgr obj= svr=default: Bad ACL entry in host list MSG=First bad host: domU-1-2-3-4

bhiksha raj bhiksha at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Jun 13 20:14:26 MDT 2009

Hi All,

I have been trying to setup torque on a machine on the Amazon cluster.
The hostname provided to me is of the form domU-1-2-3-4.

I have tried installing torque both via synaptic, and by manual
compilation. Torque version 2.3.6.

Either way, it doesn't work.
Most qmgr commands return with the error:
qmgr obj= svr=default: Bad ACL entry in host list MSG=First bad host:
domU-1-2-3-4

Similarly, the mom logs repeatedly claim that it is unable to connect
to the server.
The server_name file has domU-1-2-3-4 listed as the server.
I've also tried localhost (and modified mom_priv/config to specify
localhost as the server), and domu-* (without the capitalized "U" in
domU), all to no avail.  I get the same errors.

"hostname" on the machine returns domU-1-2-3-4

Any pointers / clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
Bhiksha Raj
Associate Professor