[torqueusers] Changing properties requires restart?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jun 10 08:36:02 MDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:26:35AM -0400, Lippert, Kenneth B. alleged:
> Hello,
>
> I have a node which at one time had several properties, call them "A",
> "B", and "C".
>
> Jobs that I wished to run on this node would be submitted with   "qsub
> -l  nodes=1:A:ppn=4    (for instance).
>
> I now want to restrict this node for a new class of jobs, so I changed
> its properties list to just "D" in qmgr with
> Set node node_name properties=D
>
>   	"Pbsnodes -a " confirms the change and now lists only "D" as a
> property.
>
> However, jobs which are submitted asking for just property "A" as above
> are still being sent to this node.  Do I need to restart Maui or
> pbs_server on the master, or pbs_mom on the node in question?

Just restart maui.

Changes in the torque are always immediate.  Maui caches a lot of information
and needs to restarted in some cases to retreive fresh info.

University of Southern California

The pro-disease movement: http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/