[torqueusers] Changing properties requires restart?

Lippert, Kenneth B. Kenneth.Lippert at alcoa.com
Wed Jun 10 08:26:35 MDT 2009

Hello,

I have a node which at one time had several properties, call them "A",
"B", and "C".

Jobs that I wished to run on this node would be submitted with   "qsub
-l  nodes=1:A:ppn=4    (for instance).

I now want to restrict this node for a new class of jobs, so I changed
its properties list to just "D" in qmgr with
Set node node_name properties=D

  	"Pbsnodes -a " confirms the change and now lists only "D" as a
property.

However, jobs which are submitted asking for just property "A" as above
are still being sent to this node.  Do I need to restart Maui or
pbs_server on the master, or pbs_mom on the node in question?

Thank you.

-kenn

Kenn Lippert
Computation & Simulation Modeling,