[torqueusers] frequent 'cannot open/create stdout/stderr file ' Messages

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Mon Jun 8 11:04:59 MDT 2009

Bert,

Is /home an NFS mount point? Is it automount?
What sort of jobs are you running? Are they multinode jobs?

I've seen errors with NFS not being able to get all the mounts done in
time when running automounts.
You may need to tune some of the settings.

Also, have you looked in the system logs (/var/log/syslog is a good
place to start) to see if there is a message stating why it couldn't
open the file?

Craig.