[torqueusers] Applications/programs ran by users

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Fri Jul 31 12:31:05 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 11:13 +0530, rishi pathak wrote:
>       We keep copying  .SC from  $PBS_HOME/server_priv/jobs/
> directory. We use dnotify for triggering the copy process.

The DB back-end for the PHP/MySQL-based job accounting system that comes
with pbstools [1,2] has a column for storing scripts as well.  It comes
with examples of using either dnotify or inotifywait to fire the DB
insert script when a new .SC file appears.  The web front-end also has
several prefabbed reports for usage of particular software packages, and
they're pretty easily extensible -- you just need to add patterns to
look for in the job scripts that correspond to a particular application.

	--Troy

[1]  http://www.osc.edu/~troy/pbstools/pbstools.tar.gz
[2]  http://svn.osc.edu/repos/pbstools/trunk/