[torqueusers] Applications/programs ran by users

Jerry Smith jdsmit at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 30 08:17:19 MDT 2009

Sean,

The job files exist on the pbs_server at
$PBS_HOME/server_priv/jobs/*.SC, from submission until the job ends.

We had to do this ourselves, and ended up just copying off their script
( $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/jobs/$SCRIPT.SC ) in the prologue, and writing a
custom parser to look for mpiexec/orterun/mpirun etc post job execution.

----cut from prologue---
export SCRIPT_REGEX=$PBS_DIR/mom_priv/jobs/${PBS_JOBID/.*/}.*.SC
export SCRIPT=`ls $SCRIPT_REGEX 2> /dev/null`

if [ -f "$SCRIPT" ] ; then
    cp $SCRIPT /apps/jobscripts/
fi

---end cut ----

Obviously this does not work for interactive jobs, and you wouldn't
believe how many people run "a.out".

--Jerry