[torqueusers] torque-2.3.7 QSUBHOST parameter

Roman Baranowski roman at chem.ubc.ca
Fri Jul 17 17:34:41 MDT 2009

	Dear All,

Running Torque 2.3.7 on a management node (no user access) and enabling
the job submission from 3 headnodes  via
 SUBMITHOSTS = head-node1,head-node2,head-node3
in torque.cfg. All is working fine till the moment I want to submit the
interactive job via

qsub -I

The PBS_O_HOST is set to the name of PBS_SERVER and the interactive job
fails since it is submitted from the head. Added a parameter
QSUBHOST head1
to the torque.cfg, all submissions fail with the usual:

Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed ******
Fixed by putting head1,2,3 to the /etc/hosts.equiv on the PBS_SERVER
host

However The issue I have is the following, in this setup I can submit
Interactive jobs only from the head1, setting
QSUBHOST head1,head2,head3
does not solve the problem. What I am missing here ? How to set the
PBS_O_HOST to the name of host on which qsub is issued

The attempt to:
	qsub -I -v PBS_O_HOST=head3 job
fails too. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions.

	All the best
	Roman Baranowski
	UBC WestGrid