[torqueusers] accounting

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Fri Jul 10 12:07:08 MDT 2009

Naveed Near-Ansari wrote:
> I think if you specify in torque.cfg to use a qsub filter it will use it
> even when submitting through qsub.
>
> torque.cfg:
>
> SUBMITFILTER    /opt/torque/bin/qsub_filter
>
> I have not attempted exiting on certain conditions using this since i
> only use it to add in default wallclock times when not set by the user,
> but presumably you could do your checking here.

If you want to just set a default wallclock time isn't it easier to just add it
as a parameter in qmgr rather then having an entire wrapper just for that? For
example, to set the default wallclock time for the batch queue, use:

# qmgr -c "set queue batch resources_default.walltime=3600"

Note the time here is in seconds.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing