[torqueusers] Problem setting up headnode to be compute node.

Ben Turner ben at dayborogeo.com
Mon Jul 6 18:27:21 MDT 2009

Hi,

Wondering if anybody can help.

I am trying to set up torque to run on a single machine with four cores.
I just want to be able to queue jobs up overnight on this
machine.

I have installed torque and configured pbs_mom and pbs_sched listing
only the head node in the "nodes" file and specifying np=4.
I run pbs_server and then pbsnodes -a reports that the node is "down".

When I look in the logs the server log says that that it can ping
"itself" ok but fails to make a connection and sets the state as down.
The mom_log shows that mom is trying to say hello but the connection to
the server times out.

I am sure this is a simple problem that many people have faced, does
anybody have any ideas?

Also when I run pbs_sched I get an error message "pbs_sched: Cannot
assign requested address (99) in main, bind"

Cheers
Ben