[torqueusers] pbs_mom segfaulting

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Jan 27 17:49:29 MST 2009

Hi Jan,

Jan Lindheim wrote:
> After upgrading to the torque 2.3.6 recently, we have seen pbs_mom
> segfaulting and jobs getting stuck.  This is on an Opteron system, running
> SLES9.1.  Has anybody else reported instability with pbs_mom lately?

I've personally had problems with 2.3.6 and other versions producing a SEGV. You
might want to read through the thread here:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torquedev/2008-December/001276.html

I have an RPM of version of 2.4.0 I can send you that contains the fix I
proposed in the post aforementioned. I'd be curious to see if that fixes your
issue. Ping me off list and I'd be happy to send you the RPM.

-Joshua Bernstein
Senior Software Engineer
Penguin Computing