[torqueusers] qsub: Job rejected by all possible destinations

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Mon Jan 19 05:32:20 MST 2009

Hi,
	Ok I understand better .. you are using a routing queue =). In your
first e-mail did you un-comment the ###PBS -q huge  and see if that
worked? Since it is commented out your going to the "default" routing
queue since no queue is specified. For some reason, it's thinking
there isn't any place to route it too. So I'd try making sure the huge
queue works like you expect first then try using the routing queue.
Hope this helps,

-Steve

On Jan 19, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Weiguang Chen wrote:

> [...]
> set queue default route_destinations += huge
> set queue default route_destinations += train
> set queue default route_destinations += special
> set queue default enabled = True
> set queue default started = True
> set server default_queue = default
>
> Happy Spring Festival (Chinese New Year, 牛年)
>
> ChenWeiguang
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Steve Young <chemadm at hamilton.edu>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>       I'm guessing that this line is messing you up:
>>
>>> set queue default route_destinations += huge
>>
>> The queue you have defined "huge" is not a routing queue it is an
>> execution
>> queue. I'd remove that. I might also remove a bunch of the other
>> settings
>> you have to start out with the basic's then add in the ones you
>> want one at
>> a time so you can test to make sure they work. Hope this helps,
>>
>> -Steve
>>

>> On Jan 17, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Weiguang Chen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I noticed this question was asked and the URL is
>>>
>>> http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2008-January/006698.html
>>> But my trouble is difference from that. I want to submit a huge job:
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> #PBS -N N-top
>>> ###PBS -q huge
>>> #PBS -o N-top.out
>>> #PBS -e N-top.err
>>> #PBS -l nodes=16:ppn=2,walltime=160:00:00
>>>
>>> and the queue huge is set by following:
>>> # Create and define queue huge
>>> create queue huge
>>> set queue huge queue_type = Execution
>>> set queue huge Priority = 40
>>> set queue huge max_queuable = 2
>>> set queue huge max_user_queuable = 1
>>> set queue huge max_running = 1
>>> set queue huge acl_user_enable = True
>>> set queue huge acl_users = xxx at node1
>>> set queue huge resources_max.ncpus = 32
>>> set queue huge resources_max.nodect = 16
>>> set queue huge resources_max.nodes = 16
>>> set queue huge resources_max.walltime = 160:00:00
>>> set queue huge resources_min.ncpus = 17
>>> set queue huge resources_min.nodect = 8
>>> set queue huge resources_min.nodes = 8
>>> set queue huge resources_min.walltime = 00:00:01
>>> set queue huge resources_default.walltime = 36:00:00
>>> set queue huge max_user_run = 1
>>> set queue huge enabled = True
>>> set queue huge started = True
>>> set queue default route_destinations += huge
>>>
>>> The message showed as the title while i submitted it. I checked
>>> the log:
>>> 01/17/2009 22:40:39;0100;PBS_Server;Job;2389.node1;enqueuing into
>>> default, state 1 hop 1
>>> 01/17/2009 22:40:39;0008;PBS_Server;Job;2389.node1;Job rejected by
>>> all
>>> possible destinations
>>> 01/17/2009 22:40:39;0100;PBS_Server;Job;2389.node1;dequeuing from
>>> default, state QUEUED
>>> 01/17/2009 22:40:39;0080;PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply
>>> code=15039(Job rejected by all possible destinations), aux=0,
>>> type=Commit, from xxx at node1