[torqueusers] $tmp dir in $WORKDIR

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:10:03 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 08:05:59PM +0100, Arnau Bria alleged:
> > > An other question, what commands from complet job do pbs consider
> > > to be done at $tmpdir¿?
> >
> > I don't understand the question.
> Sorry for my English, what part of the job is done in tmpdir and which
> one in workdir?
> Cause we're sending some pwd commands and it returns, sometimes,
> $tmpdir and sometimes $workdir... Maybe prologue changes is confusiong
> us...

I can't answer that question.  Your job executes and does "work" wherever it
wants.

The batch script is executed in the user's home directory (unless overrided by
qsub's -d).  $PBS_O_WORKDIR is set to the directory where qsub was run.

The user's job is free to run and "work" wherever it wants.

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/