[torqueusers] $tmp dir in $WORKDIR

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:00:05 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:43:27PM +0100, Arnau Bria alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to configure $tmpdir as $WORKDIR/tmp, but $WORKDIR is set
> dynamically in our prologue, and tmpdir is statically set in torque
> config file.
>
> After reading torque doc about it, I understand that tmpdir is set
> before prologue is evaluated (as it is set in config file), but I also
> undestand that tmpdir is only an env var: TMPDIR (I'm able to change it
> if I play with profile files).
>
> So, may I change TMPDIR in prologue ? I've been doing some test and all
> my jobs still use old tmpdir...

No, the job is not a child of the prologue.  Any env vars changed in prologue
can't be inherited by the job.

> An other question, what commands from complet job do pbs consider to be
> done at $tmpdir¿?

I don't understand the question.

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/