[torqueusers] $tmp dir in $WORKDIR

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Jan 14 09:43:27 MST 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to configure $tmpdir as $WORKDIR/tmp, but $WORKDIR is set
dynamically in our prologue, and tmpdir is statically set in torque
config file.

After reading torque doc about it, I understand that tmpdir is set
before prologue is evaluated (as it is set in config file), but I also
undestand that tmpdir is only an env var: TMPDIR (I'm able to change it
if I play with profile files).

So, may I change TMPDIR in prologue ? I've been doing some test and all
my jobs still use old tmpdir...

An other question, what commands from complet job do pbs consider to be
done at $tmpdir¿?

TIA,
Arnau