[torqueusers] Re: pbsacct help

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 14 07:17:53 MST 2009

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I had used an apparently obsolete synteax for the "sort" command
that works on RedHat RHEL4 but not on RHEL5.  I've fixed this problem
now (I hope :-) and created a new release 1.4.4 of pbsacct available at

Please test the new version and report any bugs to me.

> I'm trying out your pbsacct tool and I'm running into some problems getting any ouput.  Could you give me a little help please?
> I'm using: pbsacct-1.4.3.tar.gz
> root at fleece:/home/chris/Desktop# pbs_server --about
> package:     torque 2.3.4
> root at fleece:/var/spool/torque/server_priv/accounting# pbsacct 20090114
> Portable Batch System USER accounting statistics
> A total of 1 accounting files will be processed.
> The first record is dated 01/14/2009, last record is dated 01/14/2009.
>                           Wallclock          Average Average
> Username    Group   #jobs      days  Percent  #nodes  q-days  Full name
> sort: open failed: +3: No such file or directory
> Any idea as to why the sort is failing?  Sorry my scripting skills are not that great.  I see that it's only supported to 2.2 and 2.3, is there plans for 2.4?

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark