[torqueusers] PBS with abaqus

Nicolas Moulin nicolas.moulin at emse.fr
Mon Jan 12 08:04:36 MST 2009

Hi
I'm setting up a torque-abaqus cluster.
I'm getting some errors when I submit an abaqus parallel job.
When I start the calcul without PBS in standard or parallel, for exemple:

/abaqus job=COINv71 input=COINv71.inp scratch=$SCRATCH interactive
abaqus job=COINv71 input=COINv71.inp scratch=$SCRATCH interactive cpus=4

/I have no errors.
When I use the next PBS script to start the abaqus calcul, I have no errors:
/#PBS -N jobabaqus
#PBS -o jobabaqus.out
#PBS -e jobabaqus.err
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1
#PBS -l pmem=3000mb
#PBS -l walltime=01:00:00
#PBS -S /bin/sh
#PBS -V
module load abaqus
SCRATCH=/data/$USER
if [ ! -d $SCRATCH ] ; then
echo "No local scratch filesystem"
exit 1
fi
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
abaqus job=COINv71 input=COINv71.inp scratch=$SCRATCH interactive
rm -rf $SCRATCH/*/

But, if I try to start a parallel job with a PBS script with the next
script:
/#PBS -N jobabaqus
#PBS -o jobabaqus.out
#PBS -e jobabaqus.err
#PBS -l nodes=4:ppn=1
#PBS -l pmem=3000mb
#PBS -l walltime=01:00:00
#PBS -S /bin/sh
#PBS -V
module load abaqus
SCRATCH=/data/$USER
if [ ! -d $SCRATCH ] ; then
echo "No local scratch filesystem"
exit 1
fi
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
abaqus job=COINv71 input=COINv71.inp scratch=$SCRATCH interactive //cpus=4/
/rm -rf $SCRATCH/*/

 I'm getting some errors like that :
/Abaqus License Manager checked out the following licenses:
Abaqus/Standard checked out 8 tokens.
<27 out of 35 licenses remain available>.
mpid: Cannot set work directory: No such file or directory
mpid: MPI_WORKDIR=/data/nmoulin/nmoulin_COINv71_7518/