[torqueusers] torque.cfg attributes

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:47:38 MST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:11:55PM +0800, onceihave alleged:
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I find the torque.cfg wiki page at clusterresources is already out of date. I fail to find other explanation how to set some attributes of them, such as XAUTHPATH, VALIDATEGROUP and DEFAULTCKPT.
>>
>> I am not sure these attributes are really used by qsub. What I read is qsub command does read cfg file. Does anyone have advice about that, and how to set these attributes if they are really used?
>>

> Yes, they are used, but generally not needed.  They just override some defaults
> for a few corner cases.
>
> The exact list of supported options depends on your version of torque.  Look at
> src/cmds/qsub.c (in main(), right after the call to load_config()) for your
> exact list.
>
> It is quite unfortunate that the torque.cfg options aren't in the qsub manpage.

I started adding them to the qsub manpage in trunk a while ago.  I
added a new torque.cfg option to control the default value of the
rerunnable attribute, and I documented that and listed some others
that I knew about from looking at the qsub source code but I didn't
have descriptions for most of them because I didn't investigate them
to see exactly what they all did.

I just added a second new torque.cfg parameter to trunk and I also
documented that in the man page.

I'll try to get some more documented.