[torqueusers] getting pam_authuser to work

Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick mfitzpat at bu.edu
Fri Feb 27 09:58:22 MST 2009

I am running torque-2.3.6, maui-3.2.6p21, and xcat-1.3 on my Centos5
cluster.  Everything is running properly, but I am trying to configure
pam_authuser so user can log into nodes where their jobs are running.

Here is what I have done on my test node.
untar'd, ran make/ make install
created /etc/authuser
cp epilogue* prologue* /var/spool/torque/mom_priv  on the node.

edit /etc/pam.d/system-auth with the following:
account     sufficient    /lib/security/pam_authuser.so

restarted sshd on the compute nodes for kicks

when I run my job, I my userid appears in /etc/authuser, but I can not
ssh into the node.

debug1: Next authentication method: password
mfitzpat at node1016's password:
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
Permission denied, please try again.

Does anyone use this or have it running?  From my googling, I do not see
that many recent entries or info related to the module.
Or is there another to allow users login access to the nodes where their
jobs run.

Mary Ellen