[torqueusers] In search of a long forgotten feature...

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Feb 24 11:49:53 MST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 05:34:02PM -0500, Miller, Timothy E. alleged:
> I seem to recall that there was a way in PBS that, when a job was
> submitted to a particular queue (say i386), PBS would automatically
> add an attribute to that job as specified in the queue's configuration
> (say '32bit').  One could then add a node attribute '32bit' to all
> your 32bit nodes and 'viola!' ensure 32bit jobs ran on 32bit labeled
> nodes.

Others have answered this question, but in this specific case node properties
aren't the best way to go.

pbs_mom can make an "arch" visible and users can select an arch.

Set arch in mom_config to `uname -m`, and users can add arch=i686 or
arch=x86_64 to their job resource request.

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/