[torqueusers] Difference Between Nodes and Nodesct

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Feb 23 14:52:39 MST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:48:36PM +0000, Si Hammond alleged:

> On 23 Feb 2009, at 21:43, Garrick Staples wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 08:45:44PM +0000, Si Hammond alleged:
> >>>
> >>Hi everyone,
> >>
> >>Firstly thanks for all of the help in various emails which have gone
> >>through the mailing list (its been very useful).
> >>
> >>Can I ask what the difference is between the following two statements
> >>please (I'm still not exactly clear on what the effect of these
> >>is!) -
> >>
> >>set queue std resources_max.nodect = 64
> >>set queue std resources_max.nodes = 32
> >
> >nodes is a string, max/min for a string don't mean anything.
>
> So this is a redundant configuration setting?

Yes, nodes is only useful with resources_default to apply a default resource to
jobs that don't request the nodes resources.  Since it is a string, it can be
in the longer, complex form as defined in the pbs_resources manpage.

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/