[torqueusers] Difference Between Nodes and Nodesct

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Mon Feb 23 14:15:29 MST 2009

Hi Si,

Si Hammond wrote:
> Can I ask what the difference is between the following two statements
> please (I'm still not exactly clear on what the effect of these is!) -
>
> set queue std resources_max.nodect = 64

This statement allows you to override the detected default amount of resources
for a given queue, or even at the server level itself. Say for example you
wanted to over subscribe a set of nodes for some reason.

> set queue std resources_max.nodes = 32

This is the maximum amount of the resource (nodes in this case) that will be
accepted by the queue. So if a user requests more then 32 nodes, the job will
either be rejected by qsub, or passed along to another queue.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing