[torqueusers] Bad ACL entry on start-up and jobs stay in Q forever

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:16:05 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Shinta Bonnefoy
<shinta.bonnefoy at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have installed Torque 2.3 in our cluster (server running under SLES 10.1 and nodes on OSS 10.3).
> It worked very fine until yesterday when we had to restart the server, it's like we "lost" part of our configuration.
>
> Now when I start the pbs_server , I have these errors :
> PBS_Server: Bad ACL entry in host list (15073) in manager_oper_chk, bad entry in acl: root at terrawulf
> PBS_Server: Bad ACL entry in host list (15073) in manager_oper_chk, bad entry in acl: root at terrawulf

this means that torque is unable to resolve the host terrawulf.  You
may need to add something to /etc/hosts, or remove that entry in the
ACL list if it is no longer valid.  As far as I know you won't be able
to add any more entries to the ACL list as long as it contains an
invalid one because it always validates the entire list when you
attempt to set it