[torqueusers] PBS_NODEFILE order question

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Feb 17 18:46:53 MST 2009

Jackie Scoggins wrote:
> torque - version 2.1.8
> maui version 3.2.6p19
>
> Is there a way to make the PBS_NODEFILE order the nodes as follows:
>
> n0000
> n0001
> n0000
> n0001
> n0000
> n0001

As Garrick already mentioned, TORQUE can't do this. I don't think OMPI can
handle this either. Generally though the application has some control over how
processes are started up. So you may want to look into the application to see if
there is a way to control which processes startup where.

Otherwise, you might consider piping the PBS_O_NODEFILE through uniq and calling
mpiexec with that file. I know its not quite what you're looking for though.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing