[torqueusers] PBS_NODEFILE order question

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Tue Feb 17 18:44:42 MST 2009

Try this is using Open MPI  1.2.x  series

mpirun -bynode app

-bynode places cpus like you have in your listing.

You just have to be careful, that you always have 2 cpus per node, or
something similar.

the tpn option and gemoetry option if using moab with toruque should
be a big help.

For example:

I want 2 nodes, 2 cpus per machine, I don't want 4 ever,  and I want
Open MPI to put rank 0 and 2 on node 1, and rank, 1 and 3 on node 2.

#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=2,tpn=2

mpirun -bynode myapp

Your not mixing threads with with MPI are you that you want that kind
of layout?

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu