[torqueusers] PBS_NODEFILE order question

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Feb 17 18:38:34 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 04:43:04PM -0800, Jackie Scoggins alleged:
> torque - version 2.1.8
> maui version 3.2.6p19
>
> Is there a way to make the PBS_NODEFILE order the nodes as follows:
>
> n0000
> n0001
> n0000
> n0001
> n0000
> n0001

Nope.

> I have tried chopping up the PBS_NODEFILE and using a different
> hostfile for mpirun but I get an orted error from mpirun because it
> does not look like it is selecting the nodes in the order in which I
> specify in my hostfile.

Probably best for whatever tool to have options for whatever sort orders you
like.  I'm sure this would fit nicely into openmpi.

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/