[torqueusers] Torque resource manager does not send "command new" to Moab scheduler

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Feb 16 12:13:57 MST 2009

Hello,

I am using Torque 2.3.6 with Moab 5.3.1 at my site. Here is the
strangest thing I see.

When Torque RM is used with Torque scheduler, with "set server
scheduling = True", I see that the Torque server logs a
"PBS_Server;Svr;bmiclustersvcd1.cchmc.org;Scheduler sent command new"
message, but with Moab scheduler, everything works except a new job
does not trigger this somehow. So Moab schedules the job every 30
seconds instead of with the new job trigger.

Has anyone seen this? I have tested this like 10 times now and it is
consistent and reproducible. Every time I enable Torque scheduler, new
jobs get scheduled immediately, but when Moab is enabled, Moab gets to
new jobs only every 30 seconds.

Thanks for any ideas.

Prakash