[torqueusers] Torque 2.4.2 on Cygwin - pbs_mom

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 06:37:54 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Felix Wolfheimer
<Felix.Wolfheimer at cst.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to install torque-2.4.2 on cygwin (latest version 1.7 released on
> Dec. 23 2009). Everything but the pbs_mom is build without problems.
> However, there is an error message for pbs_mom during the configuration
> process which says "configure: WARNING: MOM Machine type "cygwin" is not
> supported." I've followed the postings on the torquedev list and it seemed
> to me that someone has recently written a patch such that pbs_mom is build
> and should work on cygwin. As one of the developers said that the patch was
> applied to trunk pbs_mom should work on cygwin now. Is this true?
>
> Best regards

It was applied to trunk, which will most likely become torque 2.5.0 when it
is released. It is not in the 2.4.x series.   You could grab trunk from
subversion if you really want to test it out.  There will be "snapshots" of
2.5.0 released before the actual release (like beta versions of 2.5.0) you
can wait until one of  those appears on the torque downloads page.