[torqueusers] epilogue script runs twice

Kevin Van Workum vanw at sabalcore.com
Sun Dec 20 10:40:48 MST 2009

Sometimes, my epilogue script runs twice. This happens if a user
qdel's the job, but the job takes a while to exit, so a sigkill is
sent. The epilogue runs again when the sigkill is sent. However, after
some testing, this doesn't happen consistently. About 1 in 10 times.
Is this the expected behavior? How can I force torque to run the
epilogue script only once? Or maybe I can check from within my
epilogue that it has already run for this job? This is causing issues
with our internal accounting system.

Kevin Van Workum, PhD
Sabalcore Computing Inc.
Run your code on 500 processors.
Sign up for a free trial account.
877-492-8027 ext. 11

[ epilogue script runs twice two 2 multiple times ]