[torqueusers] pbs_mom request, was Re: PBS_MOM kills running jobs when restarted

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Wed Dec 16 15:54:15 MST 2009

> Unfortunately, at least with the version of Torque we use, not only -p
> is the default but also there is no way (that I know of) to get back
> the original default behavior, i.e. don't do anything about previous
> jobs when it starts, leave it to the server to decide whether to purge
> or rerun them. I have tried the "-q" setting, it did not do any better

 From my reading of your description you are saying there is currently
no way for pbs_mom to start up, mark the jobs as no longer running, and
for them to be rescheduled if they are marked as "rerunable".
There should be a way to do this - and it shouldn't matter if pbs_mom
started at boot time automatically, or manually by some admin later.

Isn't that what the rerunable flag is for? Is this a 2.4.x only issue?

Craig.