[torqueusers] web-based/graphical monitoring tool for torque

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Dec 15 13:56:49 MST 2009

Dr Raub,

	I think the folks here are understandably upset/worried etc. I think though, by
clearing the air, and agreeing to release the source of MyJAM on sourceforge.net
much as you've done below is a great welcomed gesture and we look forward to
continued updates of the source, an SVN tree, and a even a quick start/install
documentation.

	We are all quite impressed with the work thats done, and I think we are all
eager to have a closer look. I gave the tarball a download, but didn't find any
documentation on how to get it up and running. Also, I see there is a config
file for the database, but there doesn't seem to be any way to initialize a
blank database. That addition would be greatly appreciated.

	I think the idea of offering support for an open sourced product is an
excellent idea. Cluster Resources does this for TORQUE, as do we for things like
BProc. I think companies that do this sort of thing are successful because they
foster and allow for everyone to contribute, if they so wish.

	I'd personally like to see more updates with more information on how other
users can get myJAM running and I look forward to contributing more to the
project. You really seem to have something slick here, something thats been
needed and if I can't speak for others on this list, we all want to make it
successful.

-Joshua Bernstein
Senior Software Engineer
Penguin Computing