[torqueusers] web-based/graphical monitoring tool for torque

Dr. Stephan Raub raub at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Dec 15 11:50:38 MST 2009

Hi,

our first intention was, that people send us an email and we send back the tgz-file. We wanted to know, who is using <myJAM/>. But I see your point! (btw: The URL you mentioned is NOT a demo page but the working <myJAM/> instance of our HPC cluster at the university. If you are interested to get a demo-server, I can set up a VMWare-Demo-Instance of <myJAM/> for you).

I just registered a sourceforge-project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjam

Up to now, there is only this tgz-file from our latest version. I will work on a svn repository the next days.

Please understand, that we never wanted to capture a project or steal open-source codes to commercialize it. The project is funded by third-party funds but is located at the University of Düsseldorf. Therefore, all results, publications, etc have to be public domain. Bull is the sponsor and of this third-party funding and within this cooperation we offer installation service and support, if you want to have such things.

We started in February 2008 and have founded myPBS  abandoned with a release from 2006. We tried to extend it for our heterogeneous cluster but had to face the fact, that the ideas and concept of myPBS are great, but that we had to rewrite it completely. So we started with this task, but as we were quite impressed by myPBS we reprogrammed some of its original features.

We spend a lot of afford to redesign it. The database model was updated, we rewrote the complete html-part to make it XHTML1.0 compliant, we added AJAX-functionalities, and, and, and.

I am very sorry, that a wrong picture of our activities had arisen. I hope, that a lot of you will test <myJAM/> and we are very expectant for comments and suggestions from the community.

If you have other comments to the whole situation, I would really like to hear (read) them.

Stephan

| | Dr. rer. nat. Stephan Raub

| | Dipl. Chem.

| | Lehrstuhl für IT-Management / ZIM

| | Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf Universitätsstr. 1 /

| | 25.41.O2.25-2

| | 40225 Düsseldorf / Germany

| |

| | Tel: +49-211-811-3911

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse, bzw.

sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.