[torqueusers] mom segfaults on server restart

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Tue Dec 15 07:45:09 MST 2009

Brock,

Have you looked in the logs for both the pbs_server and pbs_mom to see
if there is any indication as to why it is failing?
You might also want to look in the system logs on both the server and a
client or two.

I was running 2.3.7 until recently without the problem you are
describing. I'm now using 2.3.8.

On 12/14/2009 11:39 AM, Brock Palen wrote:
> We have torque 2.3.7,
>
> I am having a hard time searching the archives to see if this issue
> was covered before,
> When restarting the pbs_server,  most of the pbs_mom's die with a
> segfault, taking most of the jobs with them.
>
> Was there a bug on this covered already?  I am surprised a bug like
> this would have lasted long, but again I am having trouble finding it
> in the archives.

Craig.