[torqueusers] web-based/graphical monitoring tool for torque

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:29:40 MST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:
>>
>> ----- "Erming.Pei" <Erming.Pei at ihep.ac.cn> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you mean it needs money for the source code?
>>
>> MyPBS was GPL, so I presume (as the website says
>> MyJam is based on MyPBS) it will be GPL too.
>

> MyJam definitely contains code from MyPBS, some of the screen shots
> I've seen are basically straight from MyPBS.  If MyJam is being
> distributed and they do not make their source code available then it
> is in violation of the MyPBS license.   I was one of the MyPBS
> developers, and I'm glad someone decided to do something with it.  If
> I were still involved I probably would have rewritten the whole thing
> from scratch.

if you look at these slides:
http://www.cf.ac.uk/arcca/services/condor/workshop2009/StephanRaub.pdf

on all the screen shots where a user is logged in to myJAM you will
see that the menu on the left of the screen is taken directly from
MyPBS.

"HPC vendor Bull Germany, who also manages the distribution and first
level support."

If this vendor is distributing myJAM they need to make the source code
available. It sounds like they have commercialized this project. I no
longer work at the institution where MyPBS was developed, but I will
contact them and let them know about the possible GPL violation.