[torqueusers] [Mauiusers] Maui-Torque integration problems

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Dec 11 16:09:22 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 01:53:04PM -0800, Jim Kusznir alleged:
> So, for proof of concept, I changed my maui ADMIN1 Line to have root
> first, so maui runs as root.  Sure enough, as soon as its started up,
> all the queued jobs immediately run.  maui and torque are working.
>
> This solidifies the fact that the problem is with torque's permissions
> system...For whatever reason, reguardless of the specification of
> managers/operators, ONLY root can control torque.  Period.  That is
> the problem that needs to be addressed....and I have no solution for.
> It works everywhere else for me on all my other systems.  Perhaps I
> need to try an older version of torque...

There's 2 parts here.  First is the fact that Maui can't query jobs. As a
manager, it certainly should. If that part is broken, then setting
query_other_jobs should get around that problem:

   set server query_other_jobs = True

The second part is being able to run jobs. That requires manager with no way
around that.

I assume you are running 2.4.x? That is not widely deployed.

Personally, I like 2.1.x, but 2.3.x is widely used.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!