[torqueusers] spec file bugs

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 10 12:08:04 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 05:28:52PM -0800, Jim Kusznir alleged:
> Hi all:
>
> I was trying to build the torque rpm from the supplied .spec file, but
> it was blowing up on the -m64 GCC flag:
>
> configure:2861: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:2864: gcc -m64   conftest.c  >&5
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m64"
> configure:2867: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
>
> I think the problem came from:
>
> # LANL wanted to build torque RPMS for both x86_64 and i686
> # architectures on the same build x86_64 build host.
> # allow cross compile based on rpmbuild --target option
> #   e.g. rpmbuild --target i686 -bb <SPECfile>
> %ifarch %{ix86} ppc
> %define optflags -m32
> %else
> %define optflags -m64
> %endif

That's annoying. The second case should be checking for x86_64.

If people could use 'setarch', we wouldn't have to worry about this at all.

> Also, even though I had "use_tcl 0", it still built the tcl command
> line tool; I had to add to configure_args --without-tcl.

You are tyring too hard.

Unpack fresh sources, run ./configure with whatever you want, and run 'make rpm'.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!