[torqueusers] spec file bugs

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:28:52 MST 2009

Hi all:

I was trying to build the torque rpm from the supplied .spec file, but
it was blowing up on the -m64 GCC flag:

configure:2861: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2864: gcc -m64   conftest.c  >&5
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m64"
configure:2867: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

I think the problem came from:

# LANL wanted to build torque RPMS for both x86_64 and i686
# architectures on the same build x86_64 build host.
# allow cross compile based on rpmbuild --target option
#   e.g. rpmbuild --target i686 -bb <SPECfile>
%ifarch %{ix86} ppc
%define optflags -m32
%else
%define optflags -m64
%endif

Also, even though I had "use_tcl 0", it still built the tcl command
line tool; I had to add to configure_args --without-tcl.

I also had to remove the ' ' around configure_args, and I had to add
--disable-gcc-warnings to get it to build.

Lastly, while torquehomedir was set at the top, I also had to set
--with-server-home= in configure_args to make everything work.

With the above changes, I was able to make the collection of RPMs;
without at least the comment out of the section above and the
--disable-gcc-warnings, it would not compile.  the --without-tcl was
required to allow the rpm to build.
removing this section allowed a successful compile.

This is on an ia64 using GCC 4.1.2 (SUSE 10)

--Jim