[torqueusers] help with unwanted concurrency in a torque script

Dan Kortschak dan.kortschak at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Dec 8 14:07:48 MST 2009

Sorry, the discussion spun off-list after I forgot to include the list
in addresses.

I've looked into that, starting the csh script with nohup and dropping
the terminal - the outcome was the appropriate behaviour. So unless I'm
missing something (not unlikely), this doesn't seem to be the answer.

However, on the pg general list someone has suggested advisory locks,
which allow an easy interprocess communication to prevent this problem
whatever the cause. So it's less of a problem, though I would still like
to know what is going on.

I should have a look at your expect script test, though there is not
much to expect, it will just start the thing, leaving the csh script in
a subshell as it already is.

cheers
Dan