[torqueusers] A more specific noob question regarding running non-MPI jobs within Torque/Maui

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Tue Dec 8 13:35:21 MST 2009

Doug,

The documentation for Torque says that "torque-package-mom" and
"torque-package-clients" should both be installed on the compute nodes.

pbsdsh is part of the clients package.
It should be present, unless the "clients" package wasn't installed.
The clients package also includes "pbs_iff" which is used for
authentication.

On 12/08/2009 11:13 AM, Douglas Wade Needham wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the pointers on pbsdsh.  I started to try it, and
> found that it was not on the compute nodes (now being rectified).  The
> one thing I am curious about is that given its functionality, why is it
> not included in the install wrapper along with pbs_mom.  It seems to me
> that it would go right alongside of it on the compute nodes, even if you
> did not want all the other things in the client group (such as pbsnodes,
> qstat, etc.).

Craig.