[torqueusers] remote submit host question

Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Mon Dec 7 07:02:00 MST 2009

hi all,

i think i know the answer to my question before i ask, but i'd like to check to make sure i'm not thinking about this incorrectly.

i configured a submit host external to my cluster to allow PBS job submission.  it accessess the cluster head node via its public IP address.  i can submit and run jobs fine, but return of the -o and -e files fails and they end up in the undelivered directory on the mother superior.  i am assuming that this is because the mom can't speak directly to the host that submitted the job (because the submit host isn't on the cluster's private network).

is this a correct assumption?  if so, is there any way to get around this inside of torque, or will i need to set up NATing or something like that?

thanks,
--Joe