[torqueusers] Torque: checkpoint/resume function

Xiang Jun Wu wuxiangj at cn.ibm.com
Thu Dec 3 16:58:01 MST 2009

Dear folks,

When I check "xCAT 2 Linux Advanced Cookbook", I found xcat has the
following recommendations when compiling torque:
CFLAGS=-D__TRR ./configure \
--prefix=/opt/torque \
--exec-prefix=/opt/torque/x86_64 \
--enable-docs \
--disable-gui \
--with-server-home=/var/spool/pbs \
--enable-syslog \
--with-scp \
--disable-rpp \
--disable-spool

It doesn't enable checkpoint/resume switchs like "--enable-blcr" to
support job hold/resume function.
BLCR is the foundation to implement such functions. Torque admin book said
the support of blcr is still at the beta stage.

So, I want to know your comments on this function based on your xcat
cluster setup experience. Is it worth a try or useless fucntion?

Xiang Jun Wu (吴向君)
IBM STG Lab Services and Training
Mail: wuxiangj at cn.ibm.com
Office: (86-10) 82453580 Mobile: (86) 13701137083
Address: HuanYu Building No.28, Zhongguancun Software Park, Dongbeiwang
West Road No.8, ShangDi, Beijing 100193, PRC
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
IBM Internal WW Offerings Database