[torqueusers] My job'status always Q

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Thu Apr 30 11:11:03 MDT 2009

On fim, 2009-04-30 at 15:13 +0200, Francesco Del Citto wrote:
> Same problem for me.
> I've installed torque 2.3.6, configured the server and one client
> and
> I can see the client node as "free" with pbsnodes -a
> When I submit a job like:
> echo "sleep 30" | qsub
> the job goes to the queue, but it never starts.
>
> qtats -Q gives:
>
> qstat -Q
> Queue              Max   Tot   Ena   Str   Que   Run   Hld   Wat   Trn
> Ext T
> ----------------   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
> --- -
> batch                0     1   yes   yes     1     0     0     0     0
> 0 E
>
> The "Max" value set to 0 looks strange to me. What could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Francesco

Please check the firewall configuration of the nodes. Especially
ports 15001 to 15004 should be reachable from the server.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?