[torqueusers] Torque job number increment?

amitoj at cs.uh.edu amitoj at cs.uh.edu
Thu Apr 30 16:01:34 MDT 2009

Garrick,

    Thank you for your quick reply which puts this mystery to rest. I am
not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not, either way I now know why it
happens.

I did try out what you mentioned and it is true ..

$> qmgr -c "list server next_job_number"
Server foobar.com
	next_job_number = 1386123

$> qsub -l nodes=20 -q workq -I
qsub: Invalid Account MSG=missing -A option

# Torque incremented the job number
$> qmgr -c "list server next_job_number"
Server foobar.com
	next_job_number = 1386124

Wow .. I must have a lot of users goofing up then.

Cheers,
Amitoj.