[torqueusers] submiting with -u option

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Fri Apr 24 03:49:51 MDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at clusterresources.com>wrote:

> Arnau,

Hi Ken,
first of all, thanks for your reply.

> The Bad UID for job execution error is generated because the user neuro
> does not have privileges on the mom. Make sure that user is in the
> /etc/hosts.equiv file or otherwise has privileges to run on the mom.

I already had submiting host in torque's server hosts.equiv, and now I have
added apache user too, so now looks like:
hosts.equiv
submiting_hosts.domian.com apache

and now we can submit with apache account like:
echo sleep 0|qsub -u neuro -q test

but the job belongs to apache, not neuro

Am I losing something from man? cause it says:
 -u  user_list
              Define the user name under which the batch job is to execute.

so job should belong to neuro, not apache....

> Ken Nielson
> Cluster Resources, Inc.

Cheers,
Arnau