[torqueusers] Scalability of Torque

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:36:23 MDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:24:58PM -0500, Chi Chan alleged:
> I got into a discussion this morning with a friend who mentioned that
> SGE scales to over 3900 nodes (the one at TACC - Texas Advanced
> Computing Center), and those are real nodes with one SGE's execd on
> each node. Platform LSF scales to clusters with similar number of
> nodes as well.
>
> I am wondering how many nodes the largest known Torque cluster has? I
> know that the #1 on the top500 is running torque, but in terms of the
> number of nodes, which one is the biggest?

I currently have 2691 pbs_mom nodes and I don't see why it I couldn't double it
without changing anything.

The largest are in private enterprise and won't show up on top500.  Sshhh.
It's a secret.

AFAIK, Torque currently runs on clusters with tens of thousands of nodes.

University of Southern California

The pro-disease movement: http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/