[torqueusers] repo for libtorque-devel

Jason Williams jasonw at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 17 14:08:56 MDT 2009

Arnau Bria wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> anyone knows a repo where I could find libtorque-devel? I need it for
> building maui...
>
> I use glite repos for toruqe/maui, but I don't find that package there,
> neihter in clusterresources web.
>
> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> Scientific Linux CERN SLC release 4.7 (Beryllium)
> ]# rpm -qa|grep torque
> torque-2.3.0-snap.200801151629.2cri.slc4
>

> TIA,
> Arnau

You should probably contact the guys at gLite.  They should be releasing
a torque-devel rpm package or even a torque.src.rpm package, if I have
read the licensing right.  But you are right, I can't seem to find the
-devel package on their repositories.  Older versions of gLite have the
-devel package.  My guess is that someone just forgot to copy it to the
repository.

But you will definitely want the -devel package from them since that's
the version you are building against and have installed already.

Cluster Resources does not release torque in RPM form, from what I
gather.  But in their downloadable tarball, is a .spec file from which,
with the proper RPM wizardry, you can build all the torque RPMS for
yourself, which will include a -devel rpm.  I believe the downloadable
version of Maui on CR's website is the same way.  Hope that helps.

--
Jason