[torqueusers] Questions about pbs_server --ha

Victor Gregorio vgregorio at penguincomputing.com
Mon Apr 13 14:51:44 MDT 2009

I think I figured out a solution.  The NFS mount for
/var/spool/torque/server_priv needs to be 'nolock' instead of the
default 'lock'.

    * export options: *(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
    * mount options on both pbs_servers: bg,intr,soft,nolock,rw

Then, I can run two pbs_servers with --ha, pull the plug on the primary
and the secondary picks up the pbs_server responsibilities.

Question: is the PID inside server.lock that of the primary pbs_server?
I notice it does not change when the secondary picks up
responsibilities.

Is my solution sane?  If so, should the Torque Documentation be updated?

--
Victor Gregorio
Penguin Computing