[torqueusers] job runs with mpirun on a node but not if submitted via Torque.

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Apr 1 03:44:27 MDT 2009

To get openMPI to work with torque you must compile openMPI with torque support.
I am not aware of any precompiled openMPI RPMs that are compiled for torque.

Here we have the openMPI with torque support.  Thus we run openMPI
jobs using the openmpi mpiexec and specify nothing else i.e.:

${OPENMPI_PATH...}/mpiexec ${EXE_PATH}/${DACAPOEXE_PAR} ${ARGS}

I am not sure if the mpirun is an alias for mpiexec or not in openMPI.  If
it is then you can run the above with mpirun instead of mpiexec.

Another possible problem is getting the wrong mpirun!  We have 5 different
MPI libraries on our cluster each with its own mpirun/mpiexec etc.  With this
many MPI libraries installed getting the right mpirun/mpiexec can be problem.

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 17:54 -0500, Rahul Nabar wrote:
> I've a strange OpenMPI/Torque problem while trying to run a job on our
> Opteron-SC-1435 based cluster:

Cheers
	Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-165         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726